With extensive experience in the manufacturing of high reliability power products, our 2,000m2 ISO certified facility supports skilled staff in power supply design and medium volume / high mix manufacturing.
As a former subsidiary of a US military power specialist, we have been actively designing rugged power supplies for the military market since the early 1970s.
Our first switch mode designs have now evolved into highly sophisticated ‘intelligent’ power supplies for land, sea and air military applications. With complete familiarity and history of MIL standards and specifications, we have also become a proven supplier to the Hi-Rel industrial cable television market. We offer innovative custom, semi-custom and commercial off the shelf products, designed and manufactured predominantly in the United Kingdom. (Higher volume industrial products may be partially or wholly produced in Asia).
We are committed to continual investment in design tools, environmental testing, automatic testing and manufacturing equipment. Our staff receive routine training from internal and external trainers and as a company we embrace ISO and IPC standards, along with active involvement in the Supply Chain 21st Century (SC21) programme.
- A number of designs in high vibration and mission critical applications
- Tranche 2 upgrades and through life support
Type 45 Sampson Radar
- Close working relationship to optimise cooling of 1000+ PSUs per system
- Utilised pulsed loads
- High volume and low cost project
- ATE and special tooling required
- Dedicated manufacturing cells employed
- Based around module power technology
- Large export to US government
- Nuclear tested for EMP
- Complete 'ready to go' packaged set for army user
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Group technology
Celab uses 2000m2 of manufacturing space to produce rugged power solutions used in military and industrial projects. Our manufacturing capabilities range from PCBs to complex electro-mechanical subassemblies. In-house test facilities ensure our products are comprehensively tested prior to delivery.
Our assembly capabilities include:
- Pick and Place SMT Assembly
- Thru-hole Assembly (Manual & Semi automated)
- Magnetics Assembly (Transformers, Inductors)
- Conformal Coating (MIL-I-46058C)
- PCB ionic contamination testing
- PCB 'flying probe' testing
- ATE using RS-485 & Ethernet controlled Electronic Load Modules
- ESS screening (Temperature & Vibration)
- EMC screening chamber
Our manufacturing processes have been tailored to meet the individual needs of our customers, including customer specific manufacturing standards beyond IPC-A-610 Class 3 & J-STD-001. As a company we are accredited to BS EN 9100 which incorporates BS EN ISO9001.
Continuing investment in education and training programmes ensure that our facilities and our staff continue to deliver world-class quality and value for money.
- British Standards Institution
- EPSMA (European Power Supply Manufacturers Association)
- SCTE (Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers)
- Ministry of Defence
- FAC (Farnborough Aerospace Consortium)